This job is open to applicants residing anywhere within the United States and Canada.
Why work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
Skills & Requirements:
- At least three years experience developing data products using Python and SQL
- Experience building data processing pipelines that employ Big Data technologies and stream processing (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka)
- Familiarity with data design principles and several ETL frameworks
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Solid communication skills, including an ability to convey technical concepts to product team members
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred: MPP databases, Airflow, Docker.
- Experience using AWS technologies (Redshift, EMR, ECS) and Neo4j is a plus.
- 5% travel per year
What you can expect:
- Work in a diversified team setting, serve as subject matter expert, and lead the data engineering efforts for the Newsfeed and Ads teams.
- Collaborate with product managers and data scientists to architect pipelines to support delivery of recommendations and insights from machine learning models.
- Build and maintain efficient data integration pipelines.
- Target processes that can be automated for quicker turn-around.
- Maintain and update data refresh/integration catalog.
- Identify opportunities to outsource and offload appropriately.
- We historically favor Python, Spark, and MySQL (leveraging SQLAlchemy), but use other tools when appropriate for the job at hand.
- Storage solutions: Percona, Redshift, S3, HDFS, Hive, Neo4j.
- Workflow management: Airflow.
Fun facts about the data team
- We have access to one of the richest healthcare datasets in the world, with deep information on hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals and their connections.
- We build code that addresses user needs, solves business problems, and streamlines internal processes.
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Business decisions at Doximity are driven by our data, analyses, and insights.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We like to have fun - company outings, team lunches, and happy hours!
- Full medical, vision, dental benefits
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life & disability coverage
- Generous equipment budget
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Breakfast and lunch daily
- CalTrain pass
- All-company retreats in fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Team Happy Hours
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply at doximity.theresumator.com
Notice something about this posting that needs to be changed?
You can propose changes to this page using GitHub. All changes are reviewed by an administrator before they're accepted and published. The change history is public and can be reviewed by anyone.
If this position is no longer available, you can propose deleting it. This is only typically necessary when the job posting has been taken down but the position is still listed here.
If this position has an error, you can propose edits to it. Changing content happens rarely and is only accepted from contributors with ties to the company in question or if there is a clear typographical error (such as a broken link, which happens on occasion). We appreciate anyone taking the time to correct these issues.